About Me

My photo
slightly mischievious + a teency bit of craftiness = lots of splaining to do when my modern day Ricky learns of my latest home project shenanigans.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor of luv part 1

Not love.
Not puffy heart love.
Not L.O.V.E.
Just good ol' luv, with emphasis on the u and you should look silly when you say it.

Now that we are clear, I'll get right to the point in a way that some may not follow, appreciate, understand or care about. To all others; welcome :)

Labor? Yep. It's Labor Day and I'm cheesy like that. AND starting a blog is more labor than I expected. Maybe not the backbreaking kind, but let me tell ya - if brains could sweat, mine would have during this creative process. I've been toying with the idea for awhile now mostly because I have a fascinating life and I know people want  need to know about it, but I am a busy woman ya'll! I have friends who blog and I always look forward to reading about their thoughts, chronicles, nonsense and life in general. (that was a coded shout out to my peeps) While life in our house is full of love, laughter and a bit of insanity; I wasn't sure that I could devote a blog to it. Then I discovered Pinterest. Be sure to read that sentence again - and slowly because it deserves that much respect. Ladies and Gentlemen: I have been creatively awakened!
Side note: I have struggled with decorating our house for almost 2 years. We're talking empty picture frames, blank walls, bland color schemes and non-functional spaces. It was quite tragic, but hold your applause because this story is just getting started and we have a long way to go.
I now have approximately 2.4 jillion projects lined out from major room overhauls to minor changes to increase functionality and/or happiness. Yes, happiness. There are also amazing kid projects, classroom treats, and tons more!

So you can see why now is the best time to roll out the blog and introduce you to my alter ego, Lucy Stewart. If you know me, you've probably heard at least one of my Lucy stories. If you don't know me, let's just say I have a tendency to end up having to explain  splain myself to my most wonderful husband, aka my modern day Ricky. No, he doesn't play the drums. Of course the newfound creativeness deserves the last name of Stewart because I am just that good. Scratch that, I am extraordinaire.

Random thoughts? Yes, 5 please. 


  1. Have you ever tried to wear your purse on the "wrong" shoulder? I tried that today and it was like organizational dyslexia. I wouldn't recommend it. 
  2. Am I the only person who thinks that the otter box makes the iphone too hot?
  3. Why does fall weather = instant increase in hunger?
  4. Is it bad when the houses on each side of yours are for sale? Is that the equivalent of sitting down to a table in between two people, and then they both get up and change tables?
  5. I still need to go to that Natural Grocers store. Their hours of operation are awesome: M-S 8:56-8:04 Sun 9:56-6:06.

This concludes my first blog post. Ever. I'm pretty sure my brain sweat has paid off.
~No further splanation is required....for now.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! Welcome to the blogosphere! I was wondering about Natural Grocers' hours too. Verrrrry interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your first blog post brought a smile to my face!!! I'm just now able to get "caught up" on all my blogs and am happy to have yours to entertain me now as well! I haven't even logged on to pinterest yet, because I know that will consume me!

    ReplyDelete

Followers